Thursday, October 22, 2009

ARE YOU READY TO SOAR?

I recently returned from a vacation to Tennesee. I often go there just for one reason. The mountains. I love the mountains. As I'm driving towards my destination, often I can feel tension and stress leave me just thinking about the gorgeous heavenly views I will soon be surrounded by. As  is often the case for a mountain morning, the clouds are low lying and numerous. On this trip, they were also gray. As I looked out of my window, it seemed like it was going to be a gloomy day. Often as Christians, we too look out of the windows of our lives and see many gray clouds. We can't seem to see anything but the clouds. The clouds dampen our spirits and our outlook. We become depressed and saddened and wonder where the sun is. However, there is an interesting fact about the sun. If you were to board an airplane and fly to an altitude of about 40,000 feet or so, you would find that the sun is still shining. This is a natural truth that has a spiritual truth as well. When we look out on our lives and can see only clouds, we should be reminded of Isaiah 40:31: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
   Funny thing about eagles. When eagles get hurt, they fly UP to the sun to allow the healing properties of the sun to heal them.  As saints of the most high God, we too must learn to soar. We must learn to soar above the clouds of our lives in order to see that the Son is still shining. We must rise to new heights and allow the healing in His wings to touch, renew and restore our wings. We must leave the lower elevations that the enemy would have us remain in and rise in faith to Christ.

1 comment:

Jurea said...

How true this...but sometimes it is the hardest thing to do...would you not agree?