Monday, April 14, 2008

Mac Attack

Well, I've officially joined the ranks of Mac user. I bought a 15 inch Mac Book Pro 2 weeks ago. I'm quite enjoying it. The reason for this switch was I was not in any way enthralled with Vista even though I hadn't used it personally. The negative reviews I was reading kept me from the cheaper Dell I was looking at. So now I have to learn new keyboard short cuts which is n't a problem, and buy some new software. I have also resolved to not put anything Windows on my new baby. I've had good luck finding replacements for word processing and several games that I like. The only problem now is when my still-lost-in-windows friends call and ask for help I hae to remember what to do for them!!! There is a thought going about that Mac's are getting more popular due inpart to Vista's nightmares. I think this is good and bad. Good because the barriers can finally come down between the two camps. Bad, because with more market share comes the greater potential for malware, hacks, virii (??) and other malicious attacks on the system, which up till now has enjoyed somewhat of a carefree life (the recent "hacking" of the MB Air not withstanding) We Mac lovers will lose the badge of nerds and geeks and antidisestablishmentarian people as others join on and see the intriguing things this OS offers.

No comments: