Friday, November 16, 2007

AND THIS YEARS GOLDEN FLIP FLOP AWARD GOES TO...

Hmmm.... well this one would be a real hard one to figure out. I've tried sitting through the debates to see who would gender my vote this year and NO ONE is impressing me at all. This is the first year that I've felt like not even bothering to vote. And I am big on voting. The main reason is I'm an African American woman, and on both counts, my people have had to fight entirely too hard to get the privilege. But this year, I jsut don't know. Hillary seems to flip flop a lot, Obama is ( a) too fresh and (b) African American, for which I truly fear, were he somehow to magically win the nomination, would place him squarely in the crosshairs of some racist kooks gunsights. I like Bill Richardson, but he's just too far down the line. What's a good American to do?

No comments: