Friday, November 9, 2007

OFF THE TOP

Well, I guess I'm officially a blogger now. I started this venture because my soon to graduate son kindly informed me that I need a hobby. So after seeing an interesting piece about blogging on the evening news, I've decided to give it a try. My current train of thought is about the spate of recalls of products produced in China. My thoughts on this is that this is a "chickens coming home to roost" moment. America has tried to get goods and services for little or nothing and so outsourced everything possible overseas. It would make more sense to bring all the manufacturing jobs back home (we have a source of cheap labor here now but thats a rant for another day) where they can be more strictly overseen than to keep paying through the nose with recalls and loss of revenue. Is China's "Most Favored Nation" status soo important that the lives of Americans (and their pets) must be sacrificed to maintain it

No comments: