Tuesday, April 5, 2011

LESSONS FROM A CROSSING LIGHT

   I'm posting this from a hotel room in Savannah, Ga. I've been here 2 days enjoying the city, relaxing and resting. Yesterday I took the opportunity to walk about the city and explore. I was preparing to cross a certain street and had to hit the button for the light. About that time, God decided to show up with a lesson. The light is designed with the sight impaired in mind, so it has an audible voice (those of you who know me, know I have a problem with voices coming out of nowhere...). As I'm standing there, a commanding voice says "WAIT!"... and yet again "WAIT". I began to laugh as I saw God clearly speaking through this annoying little crossing light. I could have very easily ignored the light and attempted to jaywalk, and probably be smashed to bits in the crush of speeding traffic. Finally, the voice said, "the light is on. WALK" And it is safe to cross.

    So often in our walk with God, this is often the case. We hear a command from Him, and we may even understand what it is He is directing us to do. However, we must WAIT on his timing or risk being smashed by the "traffic" of opposition and other factors. His timing is perfect. Even when we receive the command to  "WALK", there is a timing that comes in to play. Twenty seconds to cross the road. This means that I must "WALK", not dawdle, not linger, but be about the business of walking out the Masters plan, or take the risk of missing His perfect timing.


Obedience is better than sacrifice!!!!

No comments: